Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October No Spend Month

So I have been thinking about this for a while but Libby's post was rather timely and I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and make October my no spend month. Since becoming a mum and having a little time up my sleeves when the babies are sleeping I have taken to internet shopping. I have been buying a lot of goodies for the babies (so hard not to) and other goodies from bargain websites like Brands Exclusive, OO, Deals Direct and Ebay. So this month I will try and not buy anything but essential items which means groceries (including baby formula and nappies), utility bills, mortgage and petrol. I will have to discount Saturday and Sunday (1st and 2nd) and add 2 days in November.
My spending so far

Monday 3 October 2011- $0, we had a visitor in the morning and didn't leave the house so no need to spend anything.

Tuesday 4 October 2011- $0, we didn't venture out anywhere as my time was taken up in the morning trying to resolve a missing ebay parcel I had sent, we had a visitor in the afternoon so I was totally preoccupied.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, congrats on taking the plunge and doing the challenge. We'll have to keep each other on track. I've been really bad with Brands Exclusive lately - it's just so easy to shop online isn't it? I'm going to make a list of anything I really want to buy and look to buying it next month if it's still something I want/need. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete